Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Friday, April 6, 2012

Moonlight crazy

Secretly I love doing the washing for my family. I have long thought that it is a privilege to have a family's worth of laundry to be done. I love hanging it on the clothes line, clean and fresh, to be kissed by the sun.

Every now and then there's an extra load of washing in my basket - one for school. On that occasion I have 18 napkins, 18 hand towels and face cloths to wash, each one embroidered with a name, an initial and a motif... created by someone who loves them so that each child will recognise the face cloth or napkin as their own. That is one special load of washing.

Tonight is the perfect night to wash a special load and hang it by moonlight, so those special cloths can be filled with magic, dried by a sea breeze, eventually to be ironed with meditative reverence.

Ahhhh... lucky me. Let's keep it a secret though.

No comments:

Post a Comment