Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Muffins blue



Is there anything that baking can't fix?

Well, of course there is, but baking does go a long way towards warming your soul about a boatload of disappointment.

Much to the chagrin of friends and family, I rarely follow a recipe accurately. That... for me... is what is so great about the act of baking - the soul rather than the art. Or perhaps that is the art of it?

Anyway... tonight, after a long long day, I needed to bake. When I need to bake, but am tired, or grumpy, or scared, or just plain blue, my favourite recipes are muesli muffins, or Nigella's amazing banana bread - which I've shared with you here.

The muesli muffin recipe called for an egg, tonight I used yoghurt and oil instead. I also used frozen berries instead of apple and carrot. A combo of rye, tapioca, coconut and rice flours were used instead of plain flour. Chocolate chips instead of crushed nuts.

I feel a 50% improvement in mood and they were the best tasting rye/tapioca/coconut/rice flour berry choc muffins ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment