Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Saturday, March 10, 2012

During 36 hours in Hong Kong,

I saw...
:: a public school in a high-rise building
:: a children's playground, unfenced, literally right next to a four lane intersection of city traffic
:: a hundred pink flamingos: flapping, bathing, socializing
:: at least 50 traditional chinese medicine stores
:: two people from my home town, who have known me since my birth (!)
:: a woman light a small fire on a city footpath at 5.30am, and pray in direction of said fire.

I sat on a bus, in the dark, very early, hours of the morning, and listened to my ipod, as I watched the city.

Music is such a potent tonic to me. When I hear Morrissey, I immediately think of Mick (he who rhymes with Punchenello). And when I hear Bob Marley, I always think of Jerry (he who knows how to fish). They are just two things, two faces, that music brings to me.

What does music bring to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment