Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hari Om Tat Sat

Farewell to a tricky and stressful year.

The life lessons came thick and fast, and packed a punch. I'm asking nicely for the lessons to be delivered just a little more gently in 2012... that is, of course, if I had any right to ask.

May 2012 be a year of relative calm.
May I be stronger and wiser from our experiences this year.

Bruises heal.
Mamas stop crying to take a breath, eventually.
Nerves knit together again.
Zimbabwean's can find greater health without a gall bladder.
Phone numbers can be easily changed. Neighbours come and go.
Loved ones, friends, mentors pass away but are never forgotten.
Fresh little loved ones are born.
Chanting (especially in Sanskrit) can keep your feet on the ground and calm your heart.

This year I've been reminded, quite regularly, that terrible things may happen to good people. Perhaps the lesson there is that they are all just things, happening to people. It's just living. The most significant lessons are those which we haven't asked for.

We've still had many belly-laughs, and continue to grow, individually and together.

I've so enjoyed this little blog space. Through it, I've rediscovered a piece of myself that I had forgotten. Looking through the posts of this year, I find many lovely times to remember.

I'm very proud that we, my little family and I, have come out the other end of this year, with warmly beating hearts and eyes still on each other.

Go on 2011. Be gone with you.

Blessed be.

Hari Aum Tat Sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment