Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas eve + shining sun + snacks packed and a fully loaded boat = The Island Dog Race
(and bubble-O-bill day for the little boykies)

See last year for the wordy description. Here is the visual diary for this year. Of course, not being much of a photographer, I had failed to pack a camera with a charged battery so all of these were taken on my iphone, whilst trying not to fall in to the big drink myself, or drop phone in to said drink. You'll be pleased to know that the only thing I dropped were my reindeer antlers. My flashing Christmas necklace was safe. Ahhh, yes. What can I say? An Australian Christmas is rarely classy. It is tricky to capture an image of the dogs in the water so you'll have to trust me... there are about 60 dogs in there, amongst their paddling owners (ready to rescue any dog who may need it. No dog was harmed in the making of this blog post). Banjo the wonderstuffy, who is afraid of the water, was safely left at home, to chase the chooks and Ginger the cat.


And this is what I saw, very late that night, when saying good night to Ginger...

No comments:

Post a Comment