Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Monday, March 21, 2011

The healing room

Sinéad sings of a healing room inside me, but my kitchen is a damn fine healing room itself.
Honey-coloured timber
funny, hanging, oven in the centre
a handful of nooks for note pads, ipod, fruit bowls, tea tins,
a view of trees and water.
I even like that I can't see the kids in the backyard. I can hear them (o yes, there's a problem if I can't hear them), and they certainly fly, skid, wrestle, whine, sneak their way through the kitchen often enough. But my view is one of trees and water. On the day that the photos below were taken, it was raining outside, grey and misty, but warm and dry inside my kitchen. Ma Rainey was playing on my ipod (how very appropriate!).

Here's a peak at the view from the heart of my home. There after comes a peak at our Autumn table, celebrating the beginning of this beautiful time of year, followed by the O So Exciting moment of... the first egg.

Peace and love to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment