Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Winter


(A feeble attempt to capture the magic of a winter table)

Winter. The time for inner reflection, reverence, gratitude, meditation. The months to fuel the inner glow. How could we go without winter? I love it! I love the inside company. I love the inner reflection. I love warming the inner belly, alone and in company. I love sharing mugs o' soup and cups o' tea. And freshly baked bread. And walking through farmers' markets in winter sunshine. And scarves and woolly arm-warmers against my skin. And flasks of hot sausages at Friday night rugby training sessions. And pumpkin and choc-chip modifications to favourite bread recipes. And clear, fresh, clean air. And big hug greetings in winter woollies. And pots of chai. And candle-lit labyrinths to make your teary eyes glisten.

And my Choochie Luc's birthday. (icing sugar dusting of snow for my winter child)

What's not to love about winter!?

No comments:

Post a Comment