Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Saturday, July 23, 2011

dreaming of sunnier days

Who would have thought that the sky could hold so much rain?

There's now a creek where our road used to be and our front yard looks like a rice paddy. The water tanks at the top of our block are over-flowing, adding to the amount of water that needs to find a way across the backyard, around the house, down the hill and in to Pittwater. At least the house hasn't leaked - well, apart from that tiny little spot above the front door, which we can't do anything about right now.

From where I sit this morning, though, I can see patches of blue up high. Let us remain hopeful that the rain will clear enough for us to watch the SA v Wallabies rugby game tonight in relative comfort. We don't mind if it's cold, but would prefer not to be soggy AND cold, with kiddles out for an evening sporting adventure.

I know I've been a bit light on with the visual diary of late, so while I'm waiting for the sun to reappear, I'm remembering the day we went apple picking with friends, 2 months ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment