Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Monday, April 25, 2011

Winter sport and changing rooms

O those 2 little boys. We're well into the school holidays but I took some time out today and had 3 hours to myself, off the island and away from housework. As a result, I'm now feeling particularly appreciative of those 2 little boys.

Here they are, Chooch in rugby mode and Noah in soccer gear.


The following photo was taken on a recent Sunday evening, during a neighbourhood celebration of the first eggs, with a first eggs pancake eating session. There is always a bit of chaos when these 4 little boys sit together at our table. Note the yellow wall im hintergrund.


And now, here is the beautiful new wall. O my goodness. I had not expected the change of colour to make such a huge difference to my happiness in this room. I already loved our house, but now it really does feel like OURS. No more insipid buttercup in the middle of the living room.


And, although blurry, this shares the evening glow of the fire and lanterns.
When you come here, may you feel warmly embraced, and welcomed.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new wall!! Can't wait to see it for real. L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is certainly a big improvement!

    ReplyDelete