Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Saturday, August 15, 2009

not enough fishin'

How many fishing rods must one possess before it can be said that there are too many fishing rods, and not enough fishin'?

Let me see... there's one ancient, dust covered rod in the laundry. There's another one behind the wine rack in the dining room. There's a broken fishing rod in pieces in our bedroom. There's a fly fishing rod under the bed, a spare fly rod case next to the wardrobe. Keeping that company is the ocean fishing rod, a child's size rod, and perhaps one more, for good luck.

Me thinks that equals 7 rods, and one spare fishing rod case, and I think there may be more in his car. But I can't remember the last time the Zimbabwean went fishing!! Well, he might go fishing tomorrow, but I don't think that counts.

Now really, you don't see me harry-hoarding like that, do you? Hmmm... I guess I do have more than one pair of delicious boots: there's the black boots, brown boots, work boots, yellow gum boots, pink converse boots (nah, they don't count), hiking boots, and most-perfect-new boots. I need all of them.

Tea tins? Um, well I need a few more of those actually. No really, I do. I think you know how much I love my tea (and tins).

Stashes of fabric for a rainy day?

You know, what's a few fishing rods between loved ones? He might go fishing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment