Lazuli Green Island Mama

Lazuli Green Island Mama

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mama Day






What a special weekend it's been for this family!

This weekend was Charlie's first "boys weekend away" with Dada. There is only one first boys weekend. The Zimbabwean and I deem this a very significant life event indeed: one which deserves full one-on-one time with Dada. From now on, all boys in this tribe will go on many special weekends all together, but you know, the first one is a big deal.

The Zimbabwean and Chooch found the perfect place, complete with timber yurts, a highland cow and a little baby bat which slept in their yurt. There was lamb feeding, nothing but meat and garlic bread for dinner (hmmmph!), campfires, dirty-stinky-smoke-filled clothes. Apparently, it was perfect. It looks pretty perfect to me.

Meanwhile, back in the land of Mama, Noah was getting to do one of my favourite things with me, for the first time: we were off to the theatre! We saw The Magic Pudding, beautifully adapted for the stage and I cherished my Nooi's delight. His face was lit, his eyes shined, his willowy little body wriggled with laughter, and he hummed and hummed.

Noah then headed to his favourite friend's house (it was a favourite-kind of weekend) while I spread all of my self around our home, alone, relishing every moment. There was time for friends, time for yoga at sunrise, time for writing, time for studying, even a brief sewing interlude, and time for a swim in the harbour. Mother's Day was another stunning Sydney Autumn day, with even more time for picnics, friends and harbour splashing!

The day is nearly over. We're all sun-kissed and happy to be back home together, with Mama's sun-catcher from her Sun, ready and waiting for the first rays to shine through it and warm our hearts in the morning.

I'd like to conclude this post with Mama's playlist for a weekend of blissful solitary moments:
Bernard Fanning: Wish you well
Billy Bragg: You woke up my neighbourhood
Billy again (love a bit of Billy): She's got a new spell
Bjørk: Violently happy
Bjørk: More to life than this
The Clash: London calling
The Clash: Rock the Casbah
The Clash: Should I stay or should I go
The Cure: Why can't I be you
The Cure: Close to me
The Cure: Friday I'm in love
The Cure: The Lovecats; and
The Cure: Inbetween days.
(to be enjoyed whilst savouring a Lindt chocolate egg)

Happy Mothering energy day. May we all be celebrated, rejuvenated, gentle, strong, warmed, chilled, loved and loving.

1 comment:

  1. I had lots of comments I was going to make on this one, but stopped because "It's not about you Richard!" :-)

    But have to add tonight - Purple Rain. Give yourself 45 mins and listen to this again. Despite everything it has going against it (overplayed, lots of covers, the eightiesness of it), it rises above somehow and I don't know how you could come out the other side without a fulfilled smile.

    ReplyDelete